Frequently Asked Questions

What is Business Interruption/Extra Expense coverage?

Business Interruption/Extra Expense coverage provides protection for the loss of income and the expense of establishing a temporary site during repair due to damages related to a fire or compensable loss.


Subscribe to email feed


Contact Information

Churchville location »
2907 Churchville Road, P. O. Box 70
Churchville, MD 21028

Elkton location »
211 West Main Street
Elkton, MD 21922

Although accidents are inevitable, drivers can follow these steps to make the process of reporting an insurance claim easy and quick.

  • Make sure no one is in immediate physical danger - call 911 if an ambulance is needed.
  • Notify the police.
  • Exchange name, address, phone number and the name of the insurance company and/or agent with the other driver(s) involved. Obtain contact information of any witnesses. If possible, get the police report. Lassen, Marine & Webster can provide an accident report form to help obtain all the correct information
  • Take note of details: date, time, location, and even weather conditions
  • Get the make, model and license plate number of the vehicle(s) involved in the accident, and write down a description of the damage. If you have a camera or camera phone on hand, take photos of all damaged vehicles, as well as the scene of the accident (i.e. the intersection, any signs, traffic lights, etc.)
  • Contact your insurance company to notify them that you have been involved in an accident, even if you are not at fault.