Frequently Asked Questions

What is the difference between “Named Insured”, “First Named Insured” and “Additional Insured”?

Named insureds are those listed by name in the relevant block of the policy’s declaration page. Although the named insured is commonly one person, partnership, corporation or other entity with insurable interests, multiple names insured may be included.

First Named Insured is the first name listed on the policy declarations (front page of the policy). This insured acts as the legal agent for all named insureds in initiating cancellation, requesting policy changes or accepting any return premiums. The first named insured may also be responsible for payment of the premiums.

Additional insured is an entity to which a policy’s coverage is extended. An additional insured must be added to the policy prior to a claim being paid. There must be a relationship between the additional insured and the named insured. Being an additional insured on another’s policy does not eliminate the need for someone to have his/her own Commercial Liability policy.


Subscribe to email feed


Contact Information

Churchville location »
2907 Churchville Road, P. O. Box 70
Churchville, MD 21028

Elkton location »
211 West Main Street
Elkton, MD 21922



Looking for insurance you can rely on at a price you can afford? With 45 years of experience serving clients throughout Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania, Lassen, Marine & Webster has the knowledge and resources to design a plan that’s right for you.


Although you may not own the home or apartment you are currently living in, its contents – from clothes to furniture - belong to you which is why it’s important they are adequately insured.

Renters Insurance

Even though you are not paying a mortgage on the space you are living in, you are still susceptible to all of the same risks as a homeowner. Although renters insurance in not always required, it is necessary not only to protect your valuable items but also to provide liability protection in the event someone is hurt in your dwelling. Before you shop for renters insurance, take inventory of what you own, including televisions, laptops, furniture, clothing and dishware to determine the level of coverage best suited for your situation. Available coverages include:

  • Personal property
  • Personal liability
  • Medical payments
  • Coverage for your living expenses if you are unable to live in your home because of a covered loss
  • Financial protection if property is stolen or damaged

It is important to note that like homeowners insurance, renters insurance does not cover extremely valuable jewelry, art work or antiques, and additional coverages can be added to protect these properties.

Tenant Dwelling Insurance

Just as with renters insurance, tenant dwelling insurance can protect you from liability in the event a renter or guest is injured in a property you own. The experts at Lassen, Marine & Webster will help you assess factors that will affect your premium, including age of building, number of rental units and the type of construction to design a policy that is comprehensive and affordable.